Advance Seat Request (ASR)
Advanced seat assignment is available until 3 days prior (4 days prior for flights after midnight)* to departure. For less than 2 days prior to departure, please use Online Check-in for seat assignment. Passengers will be able to select their seats through the internet from 24 hours to 75 minutes before scheduled departure.
In principle, advanced seat requests for other airlines marketed/ANA operated, should be handled by the marketing carrier.
Infants(under 2 years) Occupying Seat in Business Class
GDS Infant Keyword entry
When creating a reservation with an Infant occupying a seat, it's essential that the INFANT SSR/Keyword is entered in the system and related to the infant. Once entered, the system will judge the cabin class and equipment and will send a message based on eligibility. "UC" for the non-eligible equipment and "HK" for the eligible equipment.
Infants occupying a seat must be seated next to an adult who can set O2 (oxygen) masks for the infant. See further details in the graph below.
|Cabin Class||Aircraft Type||Seat Configuration||Is infant occupying a seat permitted?||GDS Response to INF keyword|
|All aircrafts||-||Not permitted||UC||SOC INFT UNA USE IN THIS CABIN|
D-F and E-G next to each other permitted
|HK||PLZ ASR D/F OR E/G FOR SOC INFT AND ADULT|
|Pair seats E-F next to each other permitted|
Subject to change.
Emergency Exit Row
Emergency Exit Row Seats (EXST)
In accordance with the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism, for the safety of all passengers, emergency exit row seats will be limited to passengers that satisfy all the conditions below.
- Aged 15 years and above
- Not accompanying children under 12 years of age
- Does not require the assistance of an escort or staff
- Is capable of assisting in an emergency evacuation, such as opening or closing an aircraft door
- Can understand evacuation procedures and crew’s instructions, and verbally convey such information to other passengers
- Can communicate in Japanese or English
- Does not have to assist an accompanying passenger in an emergency evacuation
* Passenger who does not meet all the conditions above may be requested to change their seat.
* Passengers seated in the emergency exit row seat must store all belongings in the overhead compartment.
Passengers seated in the emergency exit row seats will be requested to assist during an emergency evacuation under the instructions of the cabin crew. Click here for details.