Vietnam nationals traveling to Vietnam can transit through some Pacific airports without a passport if they meet specific conditions.
Permitted transit airports:
Tokyo (NRT), Bangkok (BKK), Beijing (PEK), Hong Kong (HKG), Seoul (ICN), Shanghai (PVG), Taipei (TPE)
- Transit must be via the permitted airports on the same day of arrival.
- Overnight transit is not permitted.
- Customer must hold one of the following documents:
1. Valid U.S. Refugee Travel Document: Form I-571
2. Valid U.S. Permit to Re-enter: Form I-327 (not valid for transit through PVG)
3. Valid U.S. Resident Card (not valid for transit through PVG)
Customer must hold Vietnam Visa or Certificate of Visa Exemption issued by Vietnam
ANA and our joint-venture partner United Airlines are working together to ensure the best possible experience for our Vietnamese customers when transiting through Tokyo (NRT) or another applicable airport (listed above) to Vietnam.
Travel agencies - TIMATIC / ANA - Altea TIMATIC / United - Aero CMS Vietnam or TIMATIC