The runway construction at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) will be completed one week early and all runways are scheduled to reopen on September 19 at 9:00 p.m. local time. The updated travel waiver end-date is September 19.
Passengers traveling to, from or via the SFO are permitted to make a one-time voluntary change to their plans within the parameters provided.
- If customers' plans are flexible, we recommend changing their flight or allowing more time to get to/from their destination.
- We encourage customers to check their flight status on the applicable airline's website before going to the airport.
The airport's AirTrain will be periodically closed at night for construction. We suggest allowing extra time to get around the airport if customers travel in the evening and use the AirTrain between terminals. Visit the San Francisco International Airport website, flysfo.com, for more information.
1. Applicable Conditions and Waiver Code:
|Original Travel Dates||Original scheduled travel September 7 - 19, 2019|
|New Travel Dates|| Rescheduled travel must originate one day earlier or one day later than their scheduled
departure between the same cities as originally ticketed.
There are two waiver codes and permitted changes are based on the date the original ticket was issued.
|New Travel Dates||Change fee||Add-collect||Waiver code|
|By August 25||Waived||Waived||7JCUF|
|August 26 and after||Waived||Applies||7JCSD|
a) Point of Sale: USA, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil
b) Applicable Flight: NH marketed or operated flight(s) to/from/via the impacted airport(s)
c) Applicable Fares: All fare types
d) Applicable Tickets: Validated on NH (205) ticket stock
2. Rebooking Procedures:
Travel agencies may make changes to tickets they have issued by entering the waiver code in the Endorsement Box of the reissued ticket as well as in the OSI field of the PNR under the following conditions.
a) Changing to earlier or later flight is allowed and change fee will be waived. Add/collect will apply for tickets
originally issued on/after August 26th, 2019 (see conditions above).
- Travel must be rescheduled in the same booking class
- Travel must be on the same origin and destination as previously ticketed
- Change of transfer point is permitted
- Change from connecting to direct flight is permitted
- Change from direct to connecting flight is NOT permitted
- Minimum/maximum stay requirements must be met for wholly rescheduled travel
- Final travel must be completed by the end of validity of ticket
b) Change fee and add/collect will still apply when rebooking of return travel date is not affected by the above situation
3. Refund Procedures:
Travel agencies may self-refund tickets by entering the waiver code in the Waiver Code box, Reason Code field or Refund Application Box when one of the following parameters is met.
a) Original flight is cancelled
b) Original flight is delayed and is scheduled to arrive at the final destination more than 2 hours after original arrival time